Malthilde Cassaignau Photo: Dog Leg Media
I turned professional at the end of 2010; in September 2010 I also started a course to become a teaching pro in Paris and I got my degree in September 2011. It takes normally 2 years, but I did it in 1 year.
I am now 26 and before that I studied for 2 years English and Economics in Université Nanterre, west of Paris.
In 2011 I played only 2 tournaments in total, Dinard Ladies Open and Murcia Ladies Open. I also went to LET Q-School 2012 and I did not make it to final stage by 2 shots.
Since then I have been practicing a lot...and my first event in 2012 has been the Terre Blanche Ladies Open.
My plans this season is to play as much LETAS events as possible and try to get the full LET card through it or, at least, get the opportunity to get directly to final stage.
Malthilde's Quick 18
1. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I paint.
2. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? Architect.
3. If you could possess any super human power what would it be? Teleporting.
4. Education? Which University and degree? I finished my PGA degree last September 2011 that will allow me to teach.
5. How many and which languages do you speak? French, English and a little bit of German.
6. Who would be in your dream foursome? Tiger Woods, Severiano Ballesteros, Lorena Ochoa and me.
7. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Watching TV, movies, shopping..
8. Do you have a favourite movie or series? Friends
9. What invention do you wish you had thought of? I phone
10. What are your expectations in 2012 and targets when playing in the LET? Play the LETAS events and try to get the full card.
11. Best part of your game? Any Yardage in particularly that you are an expert? Driving Weakest part of your game? Putting
12. Driving distance? 220-230 m.Putting average? 31
13. Lowest round ever, where and when? 67 (-5), in Germany, for the German Amateur Open, 3-4 years ago.
14. How many holes in one? 2, one in Golf National in Paris and the other in Dusseldorf, both when I was amateur.
15. Favourite golf course in Europe? Fontainebleau (Paris)
16. Any friends already on this Tour? Some, for example: Lucy Andre, Audrey Riguelle
17. Any superstitions when playing golf? I have to have a new ball on the first tee every round.
18. Your team would be composed of ... Golf teacher Florence Rossary and mental coach Makis Chamalidis.