A Quick 18 with Marianne...
1. Best golf tip or trip There are so many golf tips, I can’t choose one. So best golf trip would be Dubai. I would suggest to play the Emirates GC, Jumeirah, the Els Club...and stay on at the Westin Hotel.
2. Hidden Talent I do not know if there is any hidden talent in this body!
3. Biggest fear When it comes to golf, my biggest fear was last year when I thought I was never going to be able to play again when I was injured. I had a stress fracture and a broken rib in my back and I was out for about 6 months. I did this because too much practicing.
4. Superstitions I only play with Titleist number 1 and 2. I have them only in golf..I always have to play with white tees.
5. Dream foursome Richard Green (of course), George Clooney and my mum.
6. Favourite non-golf athlete Roger Federer.
7. What do you like / prefer to cook when you are at home with friends? I can cook chicken pasta and frozen pizza. The menu is nothing special....
8. Words to live by I do not have really one but try to do the best everyday.
9. Favourite club There is not any favourite club. They are all non favourite...
10. Favourite distance and shot you love to practice I love practicing short game and putting. I practice that a lot. But I am struggling with putting lately....
11. On your playlist I like techno-dance music....
12. What do you do when you spend your time at the airports I watch “Revenge”..it is an American TV drama series.
13. Favourite golfer Richard Green, of course...
14. Lowest round ever -10, in South Africa.
15. What’s in my bag, and apart from clubs....Titleist driver, irons and wedges...Callaway woods and Odissey putter. 2 practice- sticks. And apart from that I’ve got contact lenses, balls, tees, a lot of pencils, sunscreen, tablets for headache...rain gear...A cat from Richard’s parents (hanging from golf bag) and Mr. Skippy...(headcover, a kangaroo)
16. Place that you would love to escape Mauritius Islands.
17. Any extravagance I am very weird.....but I do not have any.
18. What is the quality you appreciate the most Honesty and supportive.