Sweden's Rebecca Sorensen narrowly missed out on securing her full playing rights on the Ladies European Tour for 2013 and will combine playing on both the LET Access Series and LET this season. Rebecca answers 18 quick questions...
1. How and when did you start to play golf? My dad plays golf and I was always with him at the golf course. I played with my friends there and when I was 7 years old, I begged my dad to start playing golf. This was at a golf course near Gothenburg. I got an old 7 iron and that was my first junior practice. And then, I've played ever since…
2. Who encouraged you to continue? My dad and my family, they have been a big fan of golf.
3. When did you turn professional and what have you been doing since then? In 2010. Last year, I played on the Nordea Tour and three events on LETAS. I played in total around 10-12 tournaments. I have also been doing other things, like working as a golf instructor. So I have been playing most of the time and teaching.
4. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I love to read. My last novel is about Zlatan Ibrahimović, the soccer player.
5. What would you like to do for a living if you were not a professional golfer? I would work as a sports psychologist.
6. Education? Which University and degree? Yes, I studied at college in the USA and I majored in psychology at Central Arkansas.
7. How many and which languages do you speak? I speak Sweden, English and little bit of French.
8. Who would be in your dream foursome? Lee Westwood, Zlatan Ibrahimović and my coach.
9. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? Read…and watch a movie. The last one that I liked was “Snow White and the Huntsman”
10. What invention do you wish you had thought of? I wish I would have thought of the third wheel on the trolley. Such a good invention!!
11. Favourite gift you have received and from whom? I like all of them, but if I can only say one, I would say the photo camera that my friends in college gave me. I took my camera with me everywhere.
12. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? Lucia, December 13th, before Christmas. You know it’s so dark in Sweden. And this is a day when the girl comes with a light. You eat special buns, with saffron and you put light in your hair….
13. What is the one thing you have done and would never want to do again? I really hate roller coasters… I always say this was the last, because I don’t like it. And I say to myself that I won’t do it again and then I end up doing it again….
14. Is there a song that you like to sing when no one is around in the car or the shower? Yes, we have a few songs in college and one of them was “Oh what a night!”
15. What is your favorite store to shop in and why? Zara
16. What beauty product can you not live without? Mascara
17. What is your favorite time of year? Summer time
18. Best and weakest part of your game: Best is my irons and weakest is my driver. I really have to focus on it. My average driving distance is around 210-220 meters and my putting average about 31.