England's Sian James combines a career in teaching golf with playing on the LET Access Series. We asked Sian 18 quick questions...
1. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I have Grade 5 in Piano.
2. What would you like to do for a living if you are not a pro golfer? Be a police woman.
3. If you could possess any super human power what would it be? I would love to be able to fly.
4. Education? Which University and degree? The University of Birmingham, UK; BA Hons in Applied Golf Management Studies.
5. How many and which languages do you speak? Just English, but I’m trying to learn Spanish!
6. Who would be in your dream foursome? Me, David Beckham, Ernie Els & Annika Sorenstam.
7. What is your favourite activity you do when you want to relax? I like listening to music.
8. Do you have a favourite TV series? I love Friends and the series ‘24’.
9. What invention do you wish you had thought of? The internet - Not sure how I would have thought about it though....!
10. What are your expectations for this season? My target is to gain consistency and to achieve a top 10 finish before trying to go to Tour School.
11. Best part of your game? Any Yardage in particularly that you are an expert? Weakest part of your game? I’d say my short game is very good around the greens. 100 yards exactly and I’m very happy! Driving accuracy is what I’m working on.
12. Driving distance? Putting average? On average I carry the ball 225 yards. Putting average is not great at the moment at 32.
13. Lowest round ever, where and when? Lowest round ever was 6 under in St Andrews in the R&A Scholars event 2009, which I eventually won. I was playing my second round on the Eden course and everything just went right.
14. How many holes in one? One at La Cala’s (Spain) Par 3 course, but no official ones as of yet!
15. Favourite golf course in Europe? Vilamoura Old Course, Portugal.
16. Any friends already on this Tour? Yes, lots & too many to mention really… Charlotte Ellis, Hannah Burke, Lucy Williams, Holly Aitchison, Sahra Hassan, Rhian-Wyn Thomas, Ellie Givens, Mel Reid, Stacey Keating … probably someone I’ve forgotten!
17. Any superstitions when playing golf? No, not really … just go out and play.
18. Your team would be composed of… I don’t have a big team, my swing coach is Lawrence Farmer who is great and Gareth Burgess helps me with my training. As a PGA Professional coach myself though I tend to be quite critical of my own game!