Norway's Tonje Daffinrud turned professional in August, competing in just eight events on the LET Access Series on her way to gaining her Ladies European Tour card for the 2015 season. Tonje answers some quick questions...
1. Best golf tip? Work on your mental game just as much as your golf technique
2. Your best part of the game? Iron play
3. Hidden talent? I’m surprisingly good at flop shots
4. Superstitions? My ball marker needs to be in its magnetic place at all times
5. Dream foursome? Rory McIlroy, Barack Obama, Annika Sörenstam and myself
6. Favourite golfer and non-golf athlete? Rory McIlroy and Roger Federer
7. Favourite club? Driver and putter
8. Favourite golf course and clubhouse? Colorado Golf Club (The Solheim Cup 2013 Course). It is an amazing course with a great layout
9. Favourite distance and shot you love to practice? I love to hit wedges. Everything from 60m to 90m
10. Lowest round ever? I shot a bogey free 65 (-7) at Kapalua Bay last year.
11. Your first set of clubs? My first set was a tiny black and red golfbag with a putter, P-wedge, 7-iron and a driver with an alligator headcover on it.
12. Age reached a scratch handicap? I think I was around 16 years old.
13. What’s in my bag? And apart from clubs and golf balls?.... Almonds, banana, water, a book with all my stats, extra sweater or rain gear, tissue paper, ibuprofen, a lot of ball markers and an extra glove
14. Any anecdote that has happened to you while playing golf? I caught a player cheating once. That was not fun for me or her and something I don’t want to experience again.
15. Your best shot up to date? The one that comes to mind is the winning putt at the Azores Ladies Open. It was an uphill right to left breaker and it felt so incredibly good to make it.
16. Driving distance? Putting average? About 230 metres in driving distance. Average putts per round is 30,81. Average putts per GIR is 1,83.
17. How many holes in one? I’ve had two. One last October and one in February.
Your team would be composed of ...
Golf Coach: Jonas Lilja
Mental Coach: Cecilie Ystenes
Fitness Coach: Eirik Hole
Manager: (Working on it)
Caddy: (Working on it)