|Finland´s Elina Nummenpaa was the only Finnish player to gain her LET card for the 2013 season at the recent Lalla Aicha Tour School in Marrakesh, finishing in a tie for 20th place. Elina also finished 45th on the 2012 LETAS Order of Merit and is looking forward to her first season on the LET. She answers 18 quick questions...|
Finland's Elina Nummenpaa was the only Finnish player to gain her LET card for the 2013 season at the recent Lalla Aicha Tour School in Marrakesh, finishing in a tie for 20th place. Elina also finished 45th on the 2012 LETAS Order of Merit and is looking forward to her first season on the LET. She answers 18 quick questions...
1. When and how did you start to play golf? I started in 1996, so I was 13. My dad had always played golf and my parents as well. I have always been around golf but I really started when I was 15. My boyfriend encouraged me to continue playing because he is older than I am and he plays professionally. But also my parents.
2. Tell me something most people don't know about you? I like horses and I used to ride until I was 15. My dream is get a horse one day, even though I am not that good.
3. When did you turn professional? I have played professionally for two seasons now.
4. What would you like to do for a living if you were not a professional golfer? I really like to travel and challenges , competitions… I have not thought about it. I am a personal trainer…
5. Education? Which University and degree? I finished high school and then I went to a sports college in Finland. I am now a sports instructor and personal trainer. That school was actually really good for my golf as well. It was really good…you get to know your body even more…
6. How many and which languages do you speak? English, Finnish and a little bit of Swedish.
7. Who would be in your dream foursome? Tiger, Minea Blomqvist and Sergio Garcia.
8. What is your favourite activity when you want to relax? I like to run….I like to relax when I run… My friends always make fun of me because of that.
9. Do you have a favourite TV commercial or series? The Mentalist.
10. Favourite gift you have received and from whom: I really like jewels… from my boyfriend and mother.
11. What’s your favourite tradition from your country you love doing? I like the summer festivals in Finland. The best festival to me is a city festival in my hometown. We eat, there is music….
12. Is there a song that you like to sing when no one is around in the car or the shower? Today I was singing a song from “Chic”. There is a TV programme in Finland where there are 5 famous different artists. I was singing one of the songs on that programme.
13. What is your favorite store to shop in and why? It would be a sports equipment store in the USA.
14. What beauty product can you not live without? Chipstick.
15. What is your favourite time of year? I really like the winter in Finland, with a lot of snow, where you can ski. But also the summers in Finland, I love them, too.
16. Favorite quote: “Stay present” I apply it to my golf.
17. If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be? I always find good reasons to buy more clothing or shoes.
18. Best and weakest part of your game: My best part is my long game and the weakest part would be consistency.